Wednesday, July 21, 2010

2010 Jane Austen Tour

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/FeelinFeminine/JaneAustenTour/participantad.png
I found out about something called the "Jane Austen Tour" over at Feelin-Feminine.  And since I've been overloading everyone lately with Austen such stuff, I figured I would join in on the fun contest.  But, I'm only going to recap some of the Austen-type posts that I've recently made.  Feel free to look back on them with nostalgia if you wish. I will let the judges decide which categories my entries fall under.

The Jane Austen Festival, Louisville, KY 2010.  Post is Here.  I made all of these outfits. 

Tutorial of how to do a 1790's Regency Hair-do.  Post is Here. 

 
Recreating an 18th century Cheesecake, inspired by the cheesecake Jane Austen mentions in her letter to Cassandra.  2 posts Here and Here. 

The gift I was given from a friend who recently went to England... a c.1810, Regency area Royal Crown Derby coffee cup and saucer.  Post is Here. 

 
The Regency Gentlemen's outfits that I made.  Post is Here.

 
The Regency Ladies outfits I made.  Post is Here.

 
The Sense and Sensibility, Marianne Capote Bonnet that I made.  Post can be found here and Here. 

The Sense and Sensibility inspired peaceful moment.  Post Here. 

 
Tutorial on how to make Regency Men's Boots on a Budget.  Post is Here.

I'm sure there are more posts that would qualify for the Jane Austen Tour, but these are some of the most recent, and I dare say most applicable.  This should be enough Austen for even the most devoted of fans!


2 comments:

Leslie said...

What great ideas! Did you make the cheesecake? It is fabulous!!!

Jenni said...

Thank you, Leslie! Yes, I did make the cheesecake. My inspiration was a passage in one of Jane Austen's letters to her sister Cassandra, where she talks about eating "cheesecake for dinner." It was a lot of fun to create!