Swing Dress: Update #2

It's time for the latest Swing Dress news.

My Sense and Sensibility Swing Dress Pattern was an "e-pattern", which, for those of you who don't know, means that it was less expensive than a regular paper pattern bought in a store or through the mail.  It also means that I had to put it together after printing it off of my computer.  This isn't as daunting of a task as it might seem.  Basically, just print off a test page first to make sure the size is printing at 100%.  Then, print off every thing else, match up all of the pieces, like a puzzle, and tape them together.

The next step was to cut out the pattern at the largest size, so that I had all of the other sizes available should I ever need them.  I could have also left the pieces all together on the large sheet of paper, which I sometimes do, and then proceed with the third step, which was to trace and cut out MY size onto Swedish Tracing paper. Either way, I now have my size available to use, and the other sizes are still undamaged.

Finally, I placed the tracing paper pattern I had just cut out in my size onto some cheap, white muslin, and copied and cut out the muslin pattern pieces.

I now have my muslin, mock-up ready to go.  I will sew it all together next and fit it to myself.  Not exactly exciting stuff...but at least I'm keeping up with the Sew-Along.

Comments

Nabila Grace said…
Oh it looks like it's coming along good! ;o) I FINALLY sewed my first skirt...it's a SHEET skirt but a skirt non the less! ;o)
Jenni said…
Yay! So, so glad you did it. I can't wait to see your work! You will be hooked now!

Popular Posts