Feed the Birds....Tuppence a Bag

We aren't TV people, but we do like to watch movies every now and then.  One of my daughter Jane's favorite movies is Mary Poppins.  Yesterday, after watching the scene where Jane and Michael Banks want to give their money to the bird lady to help feed the birds, MY Jane asked if she could feed the birds too.

So...off we went this morning in search of our own way of feeding the birds.  We found an inexpensive little ceder bird feeder "made by the Amish"... snatched up a bag of wild bird feed.... then Jane scooped and filled until her heart was content.

She helped Momma carry the little bird feeder out to the yard....

....where we found a nice little spot for it in one of Mamma's flower beds.  We've been watching closely for any feathery friends to stop by for lunch, but thus far it's gone unnoticed.  Here's to hoping they like what we are serving!

Comments

Sarah said…
How fun! Mary Poppins is one of my favorite movies. I will have to get a copy somehow so my boys can see it; I love the part where they feed the birds.
Sarah said…
I tried to post a comment earlier, but I think blogger lost it somewhere. What a lovely birdhouse! I love Mary Poppins and especially liked the feeding the birds scene when I was little. It will be wonderful to have a little feeding place nearby to observe the birds that come. What a great idea! (By the way, I LOVE your daughters name! She is such a beautiful little girl!)
Jenni said…
Hi Sarah, I've made it so that I have to approve comments now before I publish them....just thought it was safer that way. Thank you for the comment about my daughter. She is quite the little blessing, to be sure! Speaking of beautiful children...I was looking at some of the pictures of your boys....they are the sweetest little cherubs!

Popular Posts