Mother of the Groom Dress Finished!
I finally finished the Mother of the Groom Dress I've been working on. I started with the Butterick B5282 Pattern, but ended up completely re-drafting the bodice and midsection. Also, I added sleeves and put pleats in the bodice and skirt instead of gathering it. So, when all was said and done, the basic shape was really the only thing that resembled the original pattern.
Here's a front view, with the purple sash wrapped around the waist twice, tied in the front and hanging the length of the gown.
Here's the back view, with a hidden zipper up the back. That zipper was a BEAR to work with. I think I prefer the antique method of buttons or hook-and-eye for closing up gowns. But, I wrestled that bear and won, so all is well.
It was quite fun making this dress. I only hope the Mother of the Groom is as pleased with it as I am!