The embroidered reticule is finished.
I randomly placed gold spangles (or paillettes) throughout the three non-embroidered sides of the reticule. Although I didn't do a good job of capturing it on film, the spangles flash and shine in all types of lighting, making the reticule a jewel of an accessory.
I am extremely pleased with the shape of the reticule, and it's nice and large, making it ample enough to carry whatever I want during the festival.
I am not so thrilled with my color choice of tassels and ribbon handle. The red, white and blue is very French Directoir, but I don't think it matches the embroidery. Also, the green floss I used for the (very frizzy) tassels, was all I had on hand, and it clashes to my eye. I will replace both items as soon as I can find a color scheme that I'm happy with. But, for now, the bag is done.