Churp-Crick....Churp-Crick

Does anyone else hear crickets around here?

I'm so sorry for the silence on my blog lately.  I said it would slow down once school started back up again, but I didn't expect it to slow quite so much.  I do have excuses though...of course.  Let me count the ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the sewing arena, I'm nearly finished with my Snowshill Jacket.  No, really, I am.  The only thing left to do is to sew on the front closures, which I bought yesterday.  I will finish this today, and weather permitting, try to get some pictures of me wearing it outside.  The weather is beautiful around here right now, and the Autumn foliage is gorgeous.  I'm hoping to have the pictures up and posted by the end of this coming week.

I've also been concocting some interesting Halloween outfits.  I'm waiting until the big night to reveal what we will all be wearing though. 

But to wet your appetite, here's a peak at Jane's "candy" bucket. (Thanks, Natalie, for the idea!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news...
For the past week and a half, Jane and I have both been battling head colds turned nightmare virus'.  Jane's turned into croup, and mine (I'm suspecting) has become laryngitis.  We sound like we are coughing up half a lung, we have gone through more tissue boxes than can be counted, and our throats feel like someone has them in a vice grip.  My voice is barely coming out as a squeak...not good when ones profession is teaching.  I'm trying not to talk today, hoping this will help.  Easier said than done, right...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A little bit of good news though...
I've always grumbled over working out and going to the gym.  No time, injured back, too expensive, etc., etc., excuse after excuse.  But, over the past year, I have put on a lot of weight, and while I'm all for being comfortable in your own skin, and totally believe beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, I wasn't feeling like myself.  I'm a fairly healthy eater, but I haven't been very active.  The older I get, the slower my metabolism seems to get.  So, I knew it was time to make a change.  About two months ago, our family joined the local YMCA.  It was a complete blessing that we qualified for some financial aid there, and we were able to join for a discount. 

Pretty much the ONLY "sport" (yuck...I don't like sports) I've always excelled in is swimming.  My mom tells me I started swimming on my own at around 18 months old.  Years ago I was on the swim team even.  Thankfully, our YMCA has a fabulous lap pool and aquatics program.  Since joining the Y I've been working out 4 to 5 times a week, for anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour each time.  I've been alternating between swimming laps and participating in an Aqua Zumba class.  Aqua Zumba is a blast.  The Latin, African and Indian rhythms are so much fun to dance to.  Returning to the water is like returning home for me.  (Maybe I'm part nymph or mermaid! Ha!)   There is just something so relaxing about being surrounded by the cool, tranquil water, with nothing but your thoughts to keep you company. 

All that being said, I feel healthy, stronger, my thoughts are clearer, and I've lost 8lbs.  Not bad, huh?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(The view of the sunset from our living room window...on my birthday.)
 
Last week, was my birthday.  I didn't really do anything special.  But I did buy myself a pair of boots similar to these.  (Mine are lighter brown.)  I bought mine from Target, but apparently they don't have the ones I bought on their web site anymore.  I also picked up some tights and boot socks.  Stocking up for colder weather.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And the final update on Living with Jane...
My daughter's Transitional Kindergarten(TK) class went on a field trip this week to a local farm.  The farm had pretty much everything you can think of, including a corn maize, hay ride, pumpkins, cider, goats, chickens, bunnies, llamas, peacocks, and many greenhouses full of Fall flora.  Here are some images taken from that day.  Jane had a lot of fun, as did I.

Reaping a harvest in quintessential Fall weather.

Perfect pumpkin.

Llamas.

Peacocks.

Soaring.

Best Friends.



Comments

I LOVE her candy bucket!! I'm very tempted to make a purse like that!
Jenni said…
Thanks, Brittany! It's simple... a plastic fish bowl that we bought at our local PetSmart store...only a couple bucks. I used sharpie on the inside to decorate, and colored duck-tape for the handle. Fun times!
ZipZip said…
Dear Jenni,

The fish bowl turned out well!!!!

Yuck on the sickness front. Did you know adults can get croupy too, only it's laryngitis? So the tots have croup, and we lose our voices, and everyone is miserable. It's the same story here.

Hugs,

Natalie
Nabila Grace said…
What fun! :o) Sometimes breaks are needed ;o) Enjoyed the update and the farm pictures! LOVE Jane's sweater ;o)

Popular Posts